Information for Parents
Are you pet friendly?
- Yes! We welcome pets of all shapes and sizes so Fido can move in too! There is no weight limit, but we do have some restrictions. All pets must be registered with the office and on your lease agreement. There is a one-time pet fee of $250 and a monthly fee of $30. Not sure if your pet is allowed? Call our office!
How can I pay my rent?
- Rent is due on the first of every month and can be paid in the office with check or money order. If you prefer to pay with credit or debit card, you can setup one-time or recurring payments through our Resident Portal. Just click the Current Residents tab on the left hand side of our website and you will be redirected.
What about parking?
- Residents of University Village can enjoy off-street parking for a one-time fee of $50.
Do I need a lease guarantor?
- We screen all our applicants and require a guarantor or additional security deposit on all leases. The security deposit varies by floor plan. You can ask a leasing specialist by calling our office
What if I do not have roommates in mind?
- That's no problem at all! We can pair you up with people who have similar lifestyles, interests, etc. All you need to do is fill out our Roommate Matching Form and leave the rest to us!
Are utilities included?
Hi-speed internet, cable with premium channels, water, sewer and trash collection are all included! Our newly installed fiber optic internet network delivers some of the fastest download and upload speeds in Carbondale!
Now including unlimited utilities in your rent for ALL floor plan types!
Is furniture included?
- Furniture is already included in our 4 bedroom apartment. If you would like furniture in your 1, 2 or 3 bedroom, we offer a rentable package.
- Your room will be furnished with a full size bed, dresser, desk and desk chair. We include a leather couch, leather chair, coffee and end tables in the living room as well as a dining room set with chairs (varies by floor plan). The rental package is $40/month if you choose this option.
What is an individual lease?
- When you sign an individual lease, you are only responsible for your rent; in the other words you have no liability for the rent of the other apartment residents. If your roommate transfers or graduates, you have nothing to worry about! That is a significant advantage over the joint and several leases used at rental houses and other apartment properties where each resident is liable for the rent of all residents in the unit.
Is Renter's Insurance Required?
- Yes, our community requires each resident carry an active tenant liability policy for damage to the landlord’s property during the term of their lease. We require a minimum of $100,000 in general liability coverage and also recommend contents coverage, or personal property insurance.
Important Documents & Disclosures
Past Resident Portal
If you are a past resident, please click here to be redirected to our payment portal for past residents.